Addax scholarship 2019 is now ongoing for undergraduate students. This application resumed yesterday via the portal, in this post, we will let you know the differences between this addax application and previous addax applications, so that you will be guided effectively.
2018/2019 NNPC/ADDAX PETROLEUM SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
Addax Scholarship programme unlike NLNG which is currently ongoing now is meant for students from the following states for the federation:
- Akwa Ibom and
- Imo States
Applicants from other states according to the advert will not be considered for the scholarship program, however, we are making efforts to contact the organizer s to ascertain whether this is an error owing to the fact that previous addax scholarship applications have always been a national merit program. This suspicion came from the statement in the official advert “Only Indigenes of APDNL Host Communities in Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Imo States SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.” as though there was another category of scholarship program they could apply for.
Previous addax scholarship applications were done through an email address, of which we have not published such on mbscholars due to the fact that we do know that this year’s application will be done through scholastica. This is how we got this information intuitively
The Addax Petroleum Development (Nigerian) Limited (APDNL) Joint Venture in pursuance of its Corporate Social Responsibility invites suitably qualified applicants for its 2018/2019 Session Tertiary Scholarship Scheme.
Category of Awards
- Host Communities Merit Award – For applicants strictly from APDNL Host Communities
Deadline for Addax Scholarship 2019
- Deadline not yet specified.
What are the Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for Addax Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme.
To attain qualification for this scheme, applicants MUST be:
- Registered Full TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level students at the time of application (Only students admitted in 2018/2019 academic session)
- For OND students, the award will be for 2 years only
NOTE: The following categories of students should not apply:
- 200 level students and above
- HND students
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
Only Indigenes of APDNL Host Communities in Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Imo States SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.
NOTE: The aptitude test will take place at designated centers to be communicated to applicants on a later date and applicants are to fully bear the cost of transportation to and from Aptitude test centres.
Application is open to first level students only.
Other Ongoing Scholarship Applications and related articles you should see:
- NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship worth 150K Annual ongoing
- Best Scholarships for First year students in Nigeria you should not miss
- Full List of Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria Today
How to Apply for NNPC / Addax Scholarship 2019
- Before you start this application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID Card
- O’level Certificate
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- Letter from Community Leader (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award)
- JAMB Result
- Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
- Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
- Ensure to provide valid Email and Phone Contact for effective communication To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/addaxscholarship to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, a passport photograph with a white background is preferable.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the capture centres https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to www.scholastica.ng/schemes/addaxscholarship and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship Board Obtaining NIN is not compulsory in order to complete your application
Addax Scholarship 2019 Test Centers
Like many other scholarship programs for 100L students, addax scholarship conducts a test for shortlisted candidates. How will I know I will be shortlisted for addax scholarship program? If you answer a no to any of these questions then you will not be shortlisted.
The nnpc/addax scholarship for 100 level students presents a standard aptitude tests for her screened applicants. Previously, numerical and verbal reasoning. We have taken time to xray these concepts in the post: Secrets to winning undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria. The test venues are always:
Although you can change your test venue if it is too far for you. We wish you success in your applications. For any questions, do well to use the comment box below the post and we will be sure to attend to it.
Common Questions you might have about Addax Scholarship and their answers
1. How do I apply for the 2018/2019 Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award?
If you meet the requirements for the scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.
2. Who is eligible for the 2018/2019 Addax Petroleum Scholarship Award?
The application is open to university and polytechnic undergraduates in 100 Level only. The applicant must have gained admission either during the 2018/2019 academic session respectively.
3. Is it compulsory to get my NIN before I submit my application?
No. You are advised to apply before the application deadline and update your profile later after you have obtained your NIN.
4. I am a current Addax scholarship beneficiary, do I still need to apply? No. Current Addax beneficiaries should not apply for this scheme.
5. I am a current scholarship beneficiary from an International Oil and Gas Company, do I still need to apply? No. Current beneficiaries of an International Oil and Gas scholarship schemes are expected to benefit from only one scholarship scheme. Hence, are not be eligible to apply to this scheme.
6. What do I major in to apply for the scholarship? The application is open to all university and polytechnic undergraduates irrespective of their course of study.
7. Do I need to be accepted into a particular institution, before I apply for the scholarships?
Applicants must have gained full-time admission into any recognized Nigerian University.
8. Can I send an open application?
No. Application is strictly done through the application portal.
9. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted if you make the Aptitude test shortlisted, if not you will be notified at the end of campaign.
9. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Applicants who did not qualify for the scholarship will be notified at the end of the scholarship campaign.
10. How do I create my profile?
Visit www.scholastica.ng and click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email and return to www.scholastica.ng to complete your user profile. Ensure you click 2018/2019 Addax Petroleum Scholarship to open scholarship page. Then click “Apply” in the top right hand corner of your screen to apply.
11. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors after submission of your application, kindly log on to your scholastica profile, click on “My Account”, a drop-down appears, then click on “My Messages”. You will be directed to a page where you can directly send a message to the scholarship administrator stating your corrections. The corrections will be effected and a mail sent to you confirming it.
12. Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application after submitting?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit / make changes to your application online. Refer to question 11 on how to do this.
13. When my details have been corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application or do I have to re-apply? No you don’t have to re-apply, corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
14. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload.
15. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG.
16. I cannot find my course of study in the dropdown list online. What do I do?
If your course of study is not on the list, send an email to email@example.com stating the name of your course of study, Faculty, CGPA Scale and name of institution. You will be notified in less than 24 hours via email once it has been added
17. How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by firstname.lastname@example.org You can visit your profile to view the status of your application.
18. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes after the stipulated deadline.
19. Do I need to pay to facilitate the application?
You are strongly advised not to patronize anyone by cash or kind. This award is strictly based on merit and meeting the award criteria. Note: Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start this application to avoid errors and disqualification.
20. Must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
21. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is strictly 26th May, 2019. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
22. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the scholarship award information carefully and provide the documentation requested in the Eligibility Requirements section.
23. Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship Team?
No. Faxed or email applications or components will not be accepted.
24. Can I apply through the Representative in my university or hometown?