Ultimate Guide on How to Prepare for 2018 Agbami Scholarship Aptitude Test
We are well aware that Agbami scholarship test for 2018 will be holding on the 6th of October 2018. So many students wish to win this one. If you intend to grab this scholarship offer, then you are in the right place. The aim of this post is to prepare your minds to what you are likely to face on that day.
For some of you it is your first aptitude test while others have had a taste of what it looks like. If you are new to aptitude tests see this sample test which is a real life simulation of what the test looks like.
Disclaimer: This content is curbed from previous experiences of awardees from 2015, 2016, 2017 sessions.
What you need to know about the Agbami Scholarship Aptitude test
Agbami Aptitude Test Sections
For those who were shortlisted, it is no longer new to you that you will be tested on the following:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Numerical Reasoning
- Abstract Reasoning (Previous Years)
Verbal Reasoning Test: For Agbami Scholarship, unlike Chevron, you will notice that the Verbal reasoning is easy (Probably because it is taken by potential Engineers and Doctors who supposedly are poor in grammar).
- Usually, you are given a comprehension passage of which about 5 questions follows and you are asked to select the correct answer.
- You may also be given simple passages to complete the sentence.
Example. Ada and Obi shared the biscuits _____ themselves. A. Between B. Among C. With D. By
- Antonymns and Synonymns may also surface, where you are asked to find the closest in meaning / Opposite in meaning. The words are actually not that difficult to do some interpolations successfully.
- Finally, you may be asked to select which word(s) does not belong to the group. It can come in various forms. For instance:
- Doctor: Hospital
- Flower: Garden
- Teller: Bank
- Army: Barracks
- It may also come in this form:
Select which of these words does not belong to the group.
Egg, Nymph, Larva, Metamorphosis, Adult.
Numerical Reasoning Test.
The numerical reasoning test is somehow difficult in comparison with the verbal reasoning.
The questions may come as data interpretation where you have to look at a diagram (Pie charts, histogram etc) and do some computation. Example of this test is found here. You may be asked to find the relationship between them, ratio, which is bigger, by how much, total/difference etc
Basically, apart from the data interpretation, the test may come from any of the following sections:
- Ratios and Percentages
- Sequences and Series (Arithmetic Progression and Geometric Progression)
- Profit and Loss calculation
- Simple Interest
Here, your ability to observe patterns is tested. There is a way to easily get this. In diagrammatic tests, they are not so difficult. Check this example below.
Here, you can see that in each block the triangle changes from black to white and it rotates clockwise. Thus B,C,E are likely answers. Then observe that the stroke in the middle increases by one for each rotation till it gets to 3 and starts again from 1. Thus option C is the correct option.
- Before clicking on the start test button, take a deep breath. Relax your mind and recall questions you practice.
- Pray to GOD to be with you and make your hazzle choices correct
- Do not spend time on one question. You do not have up to a minute on each question
- If given a passage, skim through and comprehend it can take a little time but you may not have to re-read when answering questions that follows
- Try to understand the question even if you have to draw
- Remember use of calculator is not allowed so know how to save time by predicting range
- Practice and get conversant with Aptitude test questions
- Make sure your details are captured before writing the exam and dress well
Below this post are links to various resources that you can use to practice and prepare for the test. We wish you best of luck. We pray that you who were successfully shortlisted for the test will come out in flying colors. Please do not hesitate to drop your comments and share this post with your friends. God be with you.