We hereby wish to announce to the general public and students that are due for Internship 2019 that Communications Interns are needed at ActionAid Nigeria. Read this post and follow instructions to apply if you are qualified.
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
We are inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below within the organisation:
Job Title: Communications Internship 2019
Reporting to: Communicatons Coordinator
Line Management: None
- The Communication Intern position is an opportunity offered by ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) for young graduates to earn a post NYSC experience.
- It is therefore both a learning and value-adding relationship between interns and AAN.
- The intern is expected to take advantage of the space offered for experience gathering, self-development, while providing quality service to ActionAid Nigeria.
- The Communication Intern’s positionis an opportunity offered by ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) for young graduates to earn a post NYSC experience
- It is therefore both a learning and value-adding relationship between interns and AAN. The intern is expected to take advantage of the space offered for experience gathering, self-development, while providing quality service to ActionAid Nigeria.
- The Communication Intern is responsible for assigned communications roles including supporting and executing the organisation’s social media strategy, managing organisation’sprioritised social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn
- The intern will work directly with the Communication’s Coordinator and closely with team leaders, project leads, partner organisations and our target communities.
Support Campaigns and Communications activities:
- Provide support and participate in campaign activities directly handled in the unit
- Provide support and participate in all inter-thematic policy advocacy and campaign initiatives
- Provide support and participate in Monitoring, documentation, dissemination and encouragement of critical debate, and mainstreaming of public policy advocacy.
- Support case study collections related to policy and campaigns works
Social Media Community Management:
- Work on the organisation’s social media platforms
- Work with the Communications Coordinator on all of AAN online activities
- Work on seamless linkages of the organisation’s social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube LinkedIn and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements.
- Increase the number of followers we have on Twitter.
- Monitoring and replying to communications on the platforms under the guidance of Communications Coordinator.
- Posting information, uploading photos and videos on the platforms on a daily basis or as is directed by Communications Coordinator.
- Make use of relevant tools like Tweet Deck to plan for weekends and holidays; LinkedIn polls and surveys to build our social media footprint and reputation; and other tools likeSlideShare, You Tube, Paper.Li, Scribd, Reddit, Digg and StumbleUpon.
- Work with relevant teams and projects’ leads to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to Flickr, videos to YouTube, etc)
- Perform any other assigned responsibilities as it relates to the Communications hub and implementation of AAN Communications Strategy
- Internal Relationships:Entire AAN staff
- External Relationships: Media, Communications Consultants/service providers, CSOs, relevant Government agencies and partners
- First Degree in Mass Communication or any relevant field
- Membership of relevant professional Institute.
- Relevant NYSC experience
- Knowledge of the social media platforms
- Experience working in Digital Media sector.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Good computer skills especially in the use of publishing tools
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Content production/Photography skills.
- A personof integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission, values and objectives.
21st March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download and kindly complete the “Internship Application Form”…To download, Click www.actionaid.org/nigeria/jobs.
Application form: DOWNLOAD
Application form should be sent in an MS Word attachment to: Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org The subject line of e-mail must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g. “Communications Intern – Abuja”.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.