Permit me to say that this group of undergraduates are very lucky to have very wonderful internship applications at the right time. Applications like this and INTERSWITCH which is currently ongoing is a big plus.
This is to announce the commencement of General Electric Industrial Training Program. General Electric has been operating in Nigeria for over 40 years, with businesses spanning a number of key sectors including aviation, power, oil and gas, healthcare, and rail transportation. In the past five years, there has been a renewed focus on the country with an eye on new service facilities and employment of more local talent to expand the company’s capabilities. GE’s portfolio of technology solutions is well aligned with Nigeria’s infrastructure needs, and is contributing to economic development and improved quality of life in the region.
About 2018 General Electric Industrial Training Program
The role requires working closely with assigned GE Businesses to provide operational support to all aspects of their ongoing and future initiatives being executed/to be executed in Nigeria. This role may also require interface with Government entities, GE customers and with other GE counterparts.
Eligible Departments for General Electric internship
- -Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Essential Responsibilities of General Electric Interns:
GE Nigeria interns will receive many benefits including:
- Challenging work assignments
- Exposure to a multinational company
- Developmental feedback
- Opportunities to network with Leaders and other interns
Qualifications/Requirements for General Electric Internship:
- Verifiable SIWES letter from Higher Institution
- Passion for technology and previous internship experience in GE will be an added advantage
- Student of Electrical/Electronics or Mechanical Engineering
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of not less than 3.5
- Demonstration of junior to intermediate skill in programming is desired
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills