We have received updates that Boston Scientific Corporation in Cross River State is accepting applications for a six months internship programme.
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Looking For Internship/SIWES Placements? Check the Internship Directory
About the Role:
This opportunity will make you a part of Boston Scientific internship program that offers on-the-job training or project performed by university senior students at a company. The role will include activities provide Functions as a member of the Global Infrastructure team managing and supporting server equipment to ensure the highest level of performance and availability in a 24 X 7 environment. Actively participates in the planning, development and implementation of the installation of local and/or remote server equipment. Proactively monitors, operates, upgrades and maintains local and/or remote server equipment ensuring availability and protection of server equipment.The internship period will be for a period of up to 6 months and the student will receive a subsidy during their period on the company.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Maintains an up to date knowledge level on the most recent server equipment technologies and evaluates vendor products by reviewing white papers, attending conferences and vendor demonstrations.
- Participates in server equipment capacity planning efforts and performs development and testing of new server equipment architectures.
- Participates in the installation, testing, upgrading (both software and hardware) and retirement of server equipment.
- Monitors and reports on processes, uptime, performance, utilization and capacity of server equipment.
- Designs, executes and monitors server equipment backups to ensure company data and applications are safeguarded and can be restored to establish normal operation after an incident or disaster.
- Implements continuous improvements (upgrades and patches) to ensure server equipment is preventively maintained, running properly and protected from computer viruses and/or other security threats.
- Interacts with users and other IT teams to accommodate their requests for server equipment services (data storage, applications).
- Performs trouble shooting and resolves server equipment failures by analyzing issues and implementing corrective actions. Participates in root cause analysis and takes measures to address root cause analysis findings.
- Sets up administrator, service accounts and user accounts. Maintains validated server equipment documentation, performs tuning of performance, installs server equipment software and allocates storage space.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of policies and standards for server equipment resource capacity allocation to users and applications.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 60% of studies completed in Bachelor in Information System Engineering or Related Field.
English Level required: B2:(70% – 79%)
- Desirable knowledge in: Servers building process, active equipment installation (routers/switches),
- Networking, physical infraestructure, telecomunications.
- Avaible for a temporary position(12 months).
About Boston Scientific
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 423377
Job Segment: System Administrator, Telecom, Telecommunications, Medical, Intern, Technology, Healthcare, Entry Level