This is to inform all the Great minds in Nigeria that IBM is offering an opportunity to contest for 3-6 months internship. The Great Minds initiative is a competition for internships of 3 to 6 months at one of the IBM Research Labs in Zurich, Nairobi, or Johannesburg for students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Deadline for applications: 16th February 2018
- African countries,
- central and eastern Europe, the
- Middle Eastern countries
Tenable at (country): Zurich, Dublin, Nairobi and Johannesburg
Fields of Study: The program is open to all full-time students enrolled in a Master’s program in:
- Computer Science,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Software Engineering,
- Industrial Engineering or
- Service Science at a recognized university or college in central and eastern Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
- The students must have a solid command of the English language in both written and spoken form.
- IBM is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from both genders as well as minority groups.
- We would especially like to encourage qualified women to participate in this competition.
Benefits or Value of Internship: IBM will pay the winners a lump sum towards travel expenses as well as compensation that covers adequately the cost of living in Switzerland, Kenya or South Africa, respectively. IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
Duration of Internship: 3 – 6 months. The internships will take place in 2018. The exact starting time and duration will be agreed upon with the winning students individually, taking into account their academic commitments and the availability of IBM staff.
How to Apply: Participants must be nominated by a faculty member. A recommendation letter from a faculty member is mandatory.
To participate in the Great Minds competition, see the detailed instructions for students in the link below.