The Nigerian Green Youths Foundation is a Not for Profit Organization mandated to provide entrepreneurship training for young people and the likes in partnership with other organization which have shown excellence in their area of expertise.
The Nigerian Green Youths Foundation NGYF for short is known as a youth lead organization mostly comprising of youths and the young minded with interest in Entrepreneurship Development, Environmental Sustainability as well as Safety and Health Preventive Program. NGYF is encompassed with young men and women with exceptional academic performance and talent as well as passion for the vision and mission of the organization. Hence we offer services of professional portfolio.
Type: Social and Digital Media Intern
Brief Description of operations
- The Social and Digital Media Intern will play an active role the development of NGYF’s online community.
- Under the supervision of the Marketing & Communications Administrator, the intern will maintain the NGYF’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base.
- He/she will regularly analyse and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the NGYF website.
- He/she will also assist in maintaining the NGYF’s archive of digital images, videos, and other content.
- The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance.
Duties and responsbilities
- Updates Facebook, Twitter, and linkedin accounts.
- Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with NGYF.
- Posts school news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content from the weekly E-Newsletter. Post and interacts with local or relevant organizations and interest groups.
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our social networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Updates social media accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from NGYF activities and events.
- Grows NGYF online social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions.
- Maintains current information in Google+, LinkedIn, and Yelp accounts.
- Completes other social media projects as assigned.
- Uploads NGYF photos and videos to the appropriate server or DropBox account.
- Organizes digital images according to purpose (print or web) and designated program categories.
- Completes other digital media projects as assigned Research
- Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
- Completes other research projects as assigned. Analytics and Reporting
- Uses Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the NGYF website.
- Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the HCD Facebook page.
- Under the supervision of the Marketing and Communications Administrator, reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
What are the requirements?
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing software, and internet browsers.
- Experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook,
- Twitter, Pinterest, Yelp, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- A background in the performing arts is preferred but not required.
- Available to work 5-6 hours per week.
Who is eligible?
- For the summer 2016 term, this internship is open to current high school students, recent graduates, and college students.
- During the academic year (February –November 2016), this internship is open to currently enrolled college students at the University or College of Technology (polytechnic) only. College credit may be arranged.
- This is a part-time/Full-time unpaid internship. A computer station is available to use for completing internship projects and tasks. Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities.
- This internship will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, performing arts education, community relations, branding, journalism, blogging and audience development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply