AGIP scholarship for undergraduates in Nigeria is now fully out. The procedure, guideline including agip scholarship aptitude tests can be found below. Recall the Agip postgraduate scholarship 2018 which is still ongoing.
About the 2018 / 2019 AGIP undergraduate scholarship scheme
The AGIP Scholarship is awarded annually to Nigerian undergraduates currently in their first year (See details for agip postgraduate scholarship) with a worth of NGN 150,000. The Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) Joint Venture in pursuance of its Corporate Social Responsibility invites suitably qualified applicants for its 2018 Session Tertiary Scholarship Scheme. There are two categories for the awards:
- Host Communities Merit Award – For applicants strictly from NAOC Host Communities
- National Merit Award – For applicants from Non-Host communities.
I would recommend you apply for AGIP national merit scholarship unless you are very sure that AGIP operates in your hometown, not just state.
Only Indigenes of NAOC Host Communities in the following states;
- Delta and
- Imo States
SHOULD apply for the Host Communities Merit Award.
2018 AGIP Scholarship Requirements
Note that this application is strictly open to 100 level students only.
1. The following documents are required to be clearly scanned and with the specifications provided. Check here for more details on the size, format and guidelines for the documents to increase the chances of being shortlisted.
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID Card
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- Letter from Community Paramount Ruler (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award)
- Letter from CDC Chairman (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award).
- JAMB Result
2. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
4. Ensure to provide valid Email and Phone Contact for effective communication
Eligibility for Agip Scholarship Programme
For you to be qualified to apply for 2018 Agip undergraduate scholarship, you must be:
- Registered Full TIME undergraduate in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 100 level student as at the time of application (Only students admitted in 2017/2018 academic session)
NOTE: The following categories of students should not apply:
- 200 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
- Dependants of NAOC/NAE/AENR/NACPFA
Eligible Courses for 2018 AGIP undergraduate scholarship
Only applicants studying Engineering, Geology, Geosciences and Agricultural Science are eligible for the National Merit Award.
NOTE: The aptitude test will take place at designated centers to be communicated to applicants on a later date and applicants are to fully bear the cost of transportation to and from Aptitude test centre.
Agip Scholarship Aptitude test
The AGIP scholarship test comprises of three sections: Abstract Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning and Verbal reasoning. A complete guide on how to perform excellently on this type of tests have been covered in this article.
Agip Scholarship Application
1. Click on “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarships to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, a passport photograph with a white background is preferable.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the capture centres https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to www.scholastica.ng/schemes/naocscholarships and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Obtaining NIN is not compulsory in order to complete your application
How much do Agip Scholarship Pay?
Agip scholarships pays its awardees the sum of NGN150,000
Do Agip Scholarship give transport reimbursement?
Yes they do.
Agip Scholarship Official Website
For enquiries, complaints and technical assistance:
Call: 07088609791, 07011962033 (Call lines are open from 9am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays)
Follow us on Twitter: @scholastica_Ng
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scholastica-Nigeria/247300338737765