SHELL Scholarship awards 200 Level Undergraduate students with a minimum CGPA of 2.5. SHELL scholarship for Nigerian university students is a hot cake scholarship as history has it that you are given 2-year payment initial disbursement which amounts to NGN 300,000 if the acclaimed pay of #150,000 was effective.
Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write SHELL Scholarship aptitude tests to join the evergrowing list of students which Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja centres.
An average of 16,000 applicants respond to advertisements by Shell Nigeria annually, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities. Learn how to stand out from the crowd when applying for scholarships see now – Why you dont get shortlisted for scholarships
While we await for 2018 Shell scholarship for undergraduates, I thought it wise to prepare a guide from my experience and those of my pals who were successful at it. I was unsuccessful in SHELL scholarship during my 200 Level for the reasons that I will relay in this article.
About SHELL Undergraduate Scholarship Application
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility and in pursuance of its social investment programmes which aims at promoting academic excellence among young Nigerians, invites suitably qualified full time Nigerian undergraduate students for the scholarship – SPDC JOINT VENTURE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME.
Who can apply for SHELL Scholarship
SHELL scholarship requirements has it that applicants will be considered eligible if they are:
- Citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Registered Full Time undergraduates in an accredited University in Nigeria
- In 200 level with a minimum CGPA of 2.5
- Have a minimum of 5 credits, including Mathematics and English in their O/level.
- Have a minimum of 200 score in UTME
The merit based SHELL University Scholarship is in two categories:
1.) National Merit (NM) Shell Scholarship Award
- This is open to all Nigerians.
2.) Areas of Operation Merit(OM) Shell Scholarship Award,
- This is for Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in
- Imo and
- Rivers States.
Other Shell Scholarship Requirements
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OM).
- The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Shell Scholarship Application TIP from my Experience
I applied for shell scholarship in my 200 Level and I prepared hardly for the scholarship, I was among those shortlisted for it because I knew how to apply in a way that necessitates being shortlisted. I practised a lot of dragnet scholarship test questions because it was handled by dragnet that year, And to my amazement I passed and FAILED later. The test went well and I anticipated the award. I was contacted later about a month after via SMS that I should fill an online form and select my community from the dropdown, on the form I found what I am about to share with you.
If SHELL oil company is not located in your community NOT STATE, YOU WOULD BE WISE NOT TO APPLY FOR AREA OF OPERATION, INSTEAD APPLY FOR NATIONAL MERIT. I applied for area of operation because I thought that it would be less competitive and my state (Abia) was on the list, but I didn’t know that my Community (Village) was not hosting any shell company, so it wasn’t on the form.
How to Apply for SHELL Scholarship
Interested and qualified candidates should upload scanned copies of the following documents to the website application link:
- O’level result
- Jamb result
- Admission letter (JAMB or Institution)
- Birth certificate/Age declaration
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by: The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) for those applying on Areas of Operation Merit Award
The letter should be properly addressed as follow;
Shell Petroleum Development Company,
NOTE – ensure that all the scanned documents are in JPEG format and should not be more than 200KB. See our guide to applying for undergraduate scholarships
We are not authorised or appointed persons or organisation or middlemen or agents for shell scholarship program and do not collect any fee from candidates. We only relay information and any other experience that we have to help Nigerian students.