Urgent Notification for Federal Government Scholarship 2018 Award Change of Date and Venue
The Interview Date: 12th – 14th April 2018
Interview Venue and schedule: TO BE COMMUNICATED LATER
ABOUT FSB SCHOLARSHIP
This is to announce the commencement of the 2018 FSB Scholarship for Nigerian undergraduates and postgraduates tenable in tertiary institutions. The Federal government scholarship scheme offers an annual grant of #150,000 to successful applicants. Learn how to pass the FSB Scholarship exam from past Awardees, likely questions and interview sections. FSB scholarship scheme is provided by the federal Government of Nigeria. For more ongoing scholarships click here
The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students in Nigerian public tertiary institutions to participate in the 2017/2018 selection interviews for scholarship awards tenable in Nigerian tertiary institutions. Application forms are available online at www.education.gov.ng and can be completed and printed by prospective candidates for endorsement by their HOD and Registrars of their institutions.
APPLICATION FOR (FSB) FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP 2018
Who is eligible?
ELIGIBILITY/REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDEGRADUATES
- All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study and above in Federal or State Universities,
- they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.0 on a 5.0 point scale or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
ELIGIBILTY/REQUIREMENTS FROM HIGHER NATIONAL DILPLOMA (HND):
- All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study in any of the Federal or State Polytechnics or Monotechnics,
- they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 4 scale or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
ELIGIBILITY/REQUIREMENTS FOR NIGERIAN CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION (NCE):
- All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study and above in any Federal or State Colleges of Education and
- they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 4 point scale, or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
ELIGIBILTY/REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP:
- Applicants must be registered full-time students of Federal or State universities and must have a minimum of second class Honours (Upper Division) in their 1st degree.
HOW TO APPLY FOR 2018 FSB SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME:
Completed application forms should be printed and submitted at the various interview centers alongside the following photocopies:
- (i) Letter of admission to the institution
- (ii) Current Course Registration Form
- (iii) Student Identity Card
- (iv) Last sessional CGPA result
- (v) Letter of identification from State/Local Government of origin
- (vi) Two passport-size photographs with name fully written at the back.
Note: i) All qualified candidates who have completed their prescribed application forms for the Nigerian Awards scholarship should attend selection interviews as scheduled in paragraph 4 above;
ii) Application forms that are incorrect, incompletely filled or without the necessary documents will not be processed;
iii) All Application forms must be duly signed and stamped by their HOD and Registrar Candidates must attend interviews with the following:
- a. Writing materials such as pen, HB pencil and eraser.
- b. Originals of certificates for screening
- iv) Interview starts by 8.00a.m. Daily.
- v) Candidates are advised to adhere strictly to the interview schedule.
Correspondences should be addressed to: –
Federal Scholarship Board
FME Annex, Opp. Arewa Suites Central Business District
Kindly check www.education.gov.ng from time to time for possible changes or additional information.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FSB SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
For further inquiries, please call: 08091155229, 07069260730 between 9.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
SIGNED: ARCHITECT SUNDAY ECHONO PERMANENT SECRETARY FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
For more information, download the call for applications here.